Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Days 16, 17 & 18: Photos

1. Ice-skating outside the Hotel de Ville. How Parisian.






















2. Choucroute at La Strasbourgoise. (Vegetarians look away now.)

3. While we were at La Strasbourgoise (being bourgeois), a large group of African protesters passed by on the street outside. I guess that's what happens in a big city.



4. Two of the four 'books' cornering the National Bibliotheque de Francais (Francois Mitterand), and the forest in the middle.





























5. Sensational onion soup at a place called Chouchou. Looks like hell, tastes like heaven. Not recommended by your physician.





























6. Jicky told me that parking is the unofficial sport of Paris. Guess there aren't any rules, then.

3 comments:

  1. I love those miniature cars...used to see them in Rome too. Great photos Tim. That onion soup looks delectable. Hope the driving is going well...looking forward to your next update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Onion Soup looks ah-mah-zing! I've taken to wearing a bib when I read your blog Tim - to catch my salivations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm amazed you both think the soup LOOKS good. But it certainly did taste good. It was full of toasted bread and covered in grilled cheese - I think gruyere. And that was just entree. I ordered couscous for mains and ended up with four plates worth of stuff on my table. Total cost for both courses: 20 Euros.

    ReplyDelete